Celebrating Language has a number of aims:
- To use e-learning to raise awareness of and celebrate the diversity of language and cultures in this region.
- To promote an appreciation of language in both written and spoken forms.
- To exploit broadband and multimedia technologies so that learners can share a rich set of resources from across the region.
- To provide a unique resource for schools that links with many aspects of the curriculum - RE, Geography, PSHE, Art, MFL, English.
- To provide a database of language, including words common to many languages , accessible through ICT tools.